Public Relations Internship
Overview of duties
- Creative thinking in the development of S4S’ PR approach from strategy to development, implementation through ongoing maintenance, monitoring and support.
- Works within S4S to develop, write, solicit and place contributed articles, editorials and other key mentions.
- Writes news releases and manages the process to post news releases, photos and press kits to all appropriate outlets in order to support S4S programs, services and initiatives.
- Consults with internal experts on content and assists the development of strategic key messages. Crafts responses that articulate key messages.
- Collaborates with S4S digital and social media manager in the development and implementation of strategies for generating publicity through social media platforms.
- Participates in the development of materials for new business or existing partner opportunities including building the case and business decks.
- Contributes for publications and submissions that raise awareness of S4S mission and impact, including newsletter, case studies, impact stories and reports, brochures, annual report, awards and recognition and others as needed.
- Continually tracks trends and scouts new technologies and tactics to stay current with the changing role of public relations in an evolving digital/social media world.
- Builds strong relationships with the S4S staff and key partners to facilitate understanding of PR needs and to capture impact stories.
- Interns are required to provide their own transportation and laptop
- Students must submit a complete application, resume and two letters of recommendation to be considered.
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required.
- We expect all students and S4S Interns to participate in weekly evaluations and exit interviews during the program.
- Major in marketing, communication or public relations.