The Executive Team internship is a unique opportunity to assist the CEO in various long-term projects. The internship will focus on an oral history project, which will detail the organization’s activity since its founding by interviewing Soles4Souls employees. This role will report directly to the CEO’s Executive Assistant.
Soles4Souls turns unwanted shoes and clothing into opportunity, by keeping them from going to waste and putting them to good use – providing relief, creating jobs and empowering people to break the cycle of poverty.
Overview of duties
- Interview long-term Soles4Souls employees to gather information about the organization’s founding and early years to now.
- Turn information gathered from the interviews into an organized and sharable documentation of S4S’s history.
- Sit in on meetings pertaining to this project and help with any meeting follow-up.
- Assist in other long-term projects as the CEO sees fit.
- Students must be currently enrolled rising juniors/seniors or previously graduated from an accredited university.
- Background in communications, writing, or journalism preferred.
- Interns are required to provide their own laptop.
- Students must submit their complete application, resume and two letters of recommendation to be considered.
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required.
- We expect all students and S4S Interns to participate in weekly evaluations and exit interviews during the program.